Ventilation units are classified either as “Residential Ventilation Units” or “Non-Residential Ventilation Units” (NRVU in the diagram below). The requirements are different for these two classes.
Exceptions and limitations:
- Fans in a casing according to 327/2011 (power input of less than 30W)
- ATEX Directive (explosive atmospheres)
- For emergency situations
- Certain extreme temperatures
- Power supply voltage > 1000 V AC or > 1500 V DC
- In toxic, corrosive, inflammable environments or in environments with abrasive materials.
- Ventilation systems that include a heat exchanger and a heat pump for heat recovery.
- Kitchen fans.