- All ventilation units, except fans with more than one range of application (for example fans used for both ventilation and combustion gas extraction) shall be equipped with a step-bystep or a variable speed controller.
- All ventilation units with two directions of airflow shall have a heat recovery system.
- The heat recovery system shall have a thermal bypass. This means heat recovery regulation between 1-100%.
- In ventilation units with two directions of airflow, the minimum thermal efficiency of all heat recovery systems (except run-around liquid systems) shall be the following: as from 1 January 2016: Min. 67% and as from 1 January 2018: Min. 73%.
- In ventilation units with two directions of airflow, the minimum thermal efficiency of run-around liquid heat recovery systems shall be the following: as from 1 January 2016: Min. 63% and as from 1 January 2018: Min. 68%.
- The ratio between specific fan power (SFPint ) and the heat recovery system’s efficiency is specified in a formula. If the efficiency on heat recovery for example is higher than 67%, a higher specific fan power (SFPint ) is permissible. This requirement will be implemented in two steps. The first step will be implemented on 1 January 2016, and the second, with more stringent demands, on 1 January 2018.
February 12, 2016