Do you want to win a book “Green Buildings Pay” from Brian Edwards, one of our favourite Swegon Air Academy Lecturers?
At the end of next week, the lottery will be drawn from all members of Swegon Air Academy network. Sign up to “Follow Us” (link here) to also have a chance to win this book.
Green Buildings Pay: Design, Productivity and Ecology
by Brian Edwards examines, through a range of detailed case studies, how different approaches to green design can produce more sustainable patterns of development. These cases are examined from three main perspectives: that of the architect, the client and the user. Completely revised with all new chapters, cases, sections and introductory material the third edition presents:
- over 20 new researched case studies drawn from the UK, Europe and the USA, written in collaboration with the architects, engineers, clients and user groups
- examples of office and educational buildings of high sustainable and high architectural quality
- an exploration of the architectural innovations that have been driven by environmental thinking, such as the new approaches to the design of building facades, roofs, and atria
- cases which demonstrate current practice in the area of energy/eco-retrofits of existing buildings
- documentation of the benefit impact assessment schemes such as LEED and BREEAM have had upon client expectations and on design approaches over the past decade
- beautiful full color illustrations throughout.
In the fast evolving arena of green building, the book shows how architects are reshaping their practices to deal with ever more demanding energy standards and better informed users and corporate clients.