Ventilation in Hospitals (CEN/TC 156/WG 18) states that in the design phase, all performance requirements should be defined. The requirements shall be precise and ensure that it is possible to verify the requirements in the qualification phase.
Minimum user requirements specification regarding the ventilaiton system of healthcare premises is to realise an indoor air quality that:
- provides protection of patient, staff and visitors against harmful agents
- results in a comfortable indoor environment defined by fresh air, relative humidity, temperature, supply air quality, sound
- uses a minimum amount of energy
Minimum requirements for air quality for general healthcare premises are:
- amount of outdoor air (ODA) > 15 l/s per person
- temperature between 18-26C
- sound level below 40 dB(A)
Find more information about standards in hospital in presentation by Jukka Vasara (link here).