DO´s in building services in a passive house:
- make space for the ventilation unit at the start of the design process
- provide routes for ducts – think of octopus tentacles not just typical section drawings
- fill in the Ventilation worksheet before completing the PHPP
- use a PHI certified ventilation unit
- get a complete ductwork design before starting installation
- use a commissioning specialist familiar with Passivhaus systems
Excerpt from “How to build a Passivhaus: Rules of thumb”, chapter by Alan Clarke, Passivhaus Trust, April 2015.