Passive house DON´Ts when securing construction and quality assurance in design and building:
- hope for the best
- fail to plan for success
- rely upon standard industry practice when planning construction programmes
- forget to undertake site inspections and feedback.
Passive house DO´S when delivering a sucessfull building with construction and quality assurance:
- allow time for planning (it will pay back in the future)
- undertake key stage design reviews
- train site operatives
- ensure that there is a dedicated, on-site Quality Assurance Champion
- remediate mistakes ASAP (when you still have the chance).
Excerpt from “How to build a Passivhaus: Rules of thumb”, chapter by Mark Siddall, Passivhaus Trust, April 2015.