What is the indoor climate?
The indoor climate is made up of a number of measurable physical, chemical and biological factors.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has defined the "indoor climate" as including:
- Thermal environment (heat, cold, draughts and humidity)
- Atmospheric environment (pollution, air quality and volume of fresh air)
- Acoustic environment (noise, perception of speech and sound)
- Actinic environment (lighting, radiation and electrical/magnetic fields)
- Mechanical environment (ergonomics, anti-slip protection and vibrations, etc.)
How do we control the indoor climate?
To ensure good air quality and a pleasant indoor climate at all times, buildings are equipped with intelligent indoor climate control systems – for greater comfort and better energy efficiency.
It is simple, yet very complicated.Controlling the indoor climate