From a historical perspective to today
Throughout history, humans always looked for better living conditions and healthier air.
Humans and animals have evolved solutions to either adapt to their existing environments or made changes to improve them. So the main focus has been always on keeping heat in buildings, however with a good indoor air quality.
Today is no different, we need to ventilate our buildings to provide a healthy indoor environment.
Are you interested in knowing more about the history of ventilation?
Buildings, like humans, need to breathe
- To create air movement which improves the comfort of occupants
- To remove 'stale' air and replace it with 'fresh' air
- To moderate internal temperatures
- To reduce the accumulation of humidity
- To manage odours, other gases and various pollutants that build up during occupied periods