EU Code of Conduct for data centres has been created in response to increasing energy consumption in data centres and the need to reduce the related environmental, economic and energy supply security impacts. The aim is to inform and stimulate data centre operators and owners to reduce energy consumption in a cost-effective manner without hampering the mission critical function of data centres.
Register for Swegon Air Academy webinars on “Data centers 2.0 – Trends, needs and alternative technologies for cooling the next-generation of data centers!” on November 11th, 2015. The webinars will be broadcast from 13:00 (CET) to 17:30. Each webinar will take approximately 40-50 minutes and they will be in English.
13:00 – 14:00 Webinar #4: TRENDS AND LEGISLATIONS IN THE DATA CENTER INDUSTRY – WORLDWIDE AND IN SCANDINAVIA with Pär Åberg, Business and Development Manager for the Data Center at Swegon, Sweden
- Trends in data center industry worldwide and in Scandinavia in general
- General picture how data centers work and how large is the market
- Relevant standards/legislations and Code of Conduct for data centers for Northern countries
14:00 – 15:00 Webinar #5: THE AIR OF A DATA CENTER with Morgan Ledner, Global Data Center Manager, Volvo IT, Sweden
- From the perspective of a data center provider
- Environmental issues and investments in reducing footprint and energy consumption in data centers
- Practical issues as a part of reality we face today in data centers
15:30 – 16:30 Webinar #6: EXPERIENCES WITH LIQUID COOLING AND HEAT RE-USE IN DATA CENTERS with Gert Svensson, Deputy Director of PDC Center for High Performance Computing, Sweden
- Increased power usage at PDC and other computer centers
- Experience from two heat re-use projects
- Overview of liquid cooling
16:30 – 17:30 Webinar #6: DATA CENTER COOLING EVOLUTION – THE HOTTEST WAY TO SAVE ENERGY with Lucio Bustaffa, Product Development Manager for data cooling products and roof-top units in BlueBox Goup, Italy
- Data center cooling evolution during the years considering needs and rules
- Classification on data center by size and by other characteristic, cooling systems with pros and cons related
- Free cooling, indirect with water (+adiabatic), direct with air (+adiabatic), indirect by air (+adiabatic)
You are invited to register your intention to join the live web-broadcast (webinar). The webinars will subsequently be available to watch offline as a YouTube lecture via a link on the Swegon Air Academy website. These webinars are free but registration is required; a link to join the webinar will be sent to you the day before the webinar. A webinar (or web seminar) is a seminar that is transmitted live via the web, which you can watch on your computer. You will be able to send in written questions to the speaker from your computer.