While every project is unique, here are some guidelines:
- the zone sensible cooling load is between 20 to 40 Btu/ft² average for building;
- the primary airflow rate should be 0.25 and 0.75 cfm/ft² with 0.4 to 0.6 cfm/ft² the most common;
- the primary air dewpoint depression is between 5 and 15 gr/lb.;
- induction ratio is between 1 to 4 (1 for a classroom or conference room and 3 for an office);
- chilled water supply temperature to beams is 57°F with a 4 to 6°F range
- hot water supply temperature to beams is 120 to 140°F;
- beam static pressure drop is 0.4 to 0.6 inches water column;
- coil water pressure drops are typically less than 10 ft water column.
Excerpt from the article “Chilled Beam Systems” by Hugh Crowther published in the Canadian Consulting Engineer Magazine, December 2015. Read the article here (link here).